This week Branick guests to debut the Pineleaf Countdown app and we talk about the new raid coming with Update 18.2.
Free Sample Of The Week June 17th – 23rd
Rejuvenation Potion x5 Use Coupon Code RJVNTN5 1/Account
20 % OFF
- Quest Packs
- Mithril Coins
- 100% XP Boost (1hr)
- Max Morale & Power Scroll
LOTRO Players News is brought to you by a punctual hobbit….
LOTRO Players News
New Player Question
Let’s review destiny points.
Week In LOTRO
- I learned that no matter the circumstance, Dwarven women do NOT like to be mistaken for elves… EVER.
- Raiding and YouTubing and wardening (oh my!)
- Played LOTRO with Mom, she discovered all the low points of the Spring Festival.
- Got my cappy to 70, trying out the joys of yellow line
- Watched a wizard help a king take care of an advisor in an epic sort of way
- I got BEERS!
- On Landroval, my minstrel started in Mirkwood. Decided to level to get Clarinetist title.
News Beyond LOTRO
We currently have 25 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews.
Jonathan Greer (Vertagk) left a comment on last week’s LPN:
So…what’s with all the elf hate? I actually like elves. In fact, Elrond was always one of my favorite characters from The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings. Yes, elves as a race do have a tendency towards the vice of arrogance. But all people groups have their vices. Man’s susceptibility to corruption? Dwarven gold-lust? Even hobbits can be gossips and snobbish, not to mention thieves (Sackville-Baggins, anyone?).
The fact that elves tend towards arrogance actually makes a lot of sense. Arrogance is a favorite vice amongst the scholarly and learned. Even the Bible mentions this tendency when it says that knowledge “puffs up.” This is something that I’ve encountered in my own life as an amateur scholar. I was humbled when my wife had to point out that I got a bit haughty when discussing more academic matters. I was ashamed to have to admit that she was right, and is something that I have tried to counter ever since.
Since the elves are immortal beings, one consequence would be their ability to accumulate vast amounts of knowledge. No wonder they tend to view the other races more like children! Of course, this doesn’t excuse such behavior. We must all fight to overcome our shortcomings. And personally, I think that there are plenty of good elven characters. For every stuck-up elven snob, I bet you could find a valiant warrior who fights the shadow out of altruistic reasons.
So let’s all be like Legolas and Gimli who put aside their assumptions and actually got to know each other and learned respect and friendship.
…or maybe I’m wrong and the elves really are just arrogant jerks…:)
Oh, and Pineleaf…don’t worry. The character I contacted you with was a pre-existing character on Brandywine, and I don’t play Burglars, so no hiding in the shadows and stalking here. 🙂
Dear Lotro Players,
After last weeks “elves suck” episode I feel that someone needs to give some pros and perspectives for elves.
1. In the game, we fight evil dwarves and evil men. I, however, don’t ever remember fighting evil elves. (orcs don’t count)
2. When men first came into Beleriand it was Finrod Felegund ( an elf) who welcomed and began sharing knowledge with them.
3. You wouldn’t expect someone from WWI to fight in a war today, they would be far to old. Elves on the other hand have fought in war after war after war. In most cases it’s the same elves doing the fighting. It’s bound to wear on anyone.
4. Elves keep helping men even though men keep failing them. Betrayed in the Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Shunned and hated by most of Numenor. And lastly when victory over Sauron was close Isildur kept the ring.
5. Elves are forgiving. Dwarves killed one of the great elven kings. The elves still had a friendship with the dwarves of Moria as evidenced by the inscription on Moria’s door. Speak friend and enter.
6. Elrond may stay in his library a lot but he has good reason. He is collecting knowledge for future generations of men. I have to imagine that after countless generations of men asking the same questions he figured it was easier to put it in a library.
7. In the elven intro Elrond one shots a troll with a long range sword skill I would love to have.
8. Elves gave Numenor the white tree and the palantiri.
Sure elves can seem stuck up but most of them were around when mans great great great great great great great grandparents were kids. So yeah to them, all men are like children.
I have one last point. In a recent poll elves were the top played race. That means that all those elves are running around trying to save Middle-earth. So they deserve a little more respect.
P..S. Pro for the elves. They’re elves.
Love the show keep up the good work
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
Follow our Guest!
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Last Friday of every month at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Academy: After School
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Every other Saturday after LPN – Tales of the Free Folk
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!