This week we had Cordovan on to answer questions about Mordor and Standing Stone Games.
Update 20 currently targeted for February
Q. If not much is really changing in the development of LOTRO, why did you make the move to Standing Stone Games? Would it not have been easier to stay with WB?
Q. On DDO Players News you said the LOTRO expansion will be worked on before the DDO Expansion. Does that mean we could see the Mordor expansion in the second or third quarter instead of the normal Q4?
Q. Will we see a closed beta with the new expansion?
Q. Some Turbine employees were involved in Shadow of Mordor. Were any members of the Shadow of Mordor team going to be involved/consulted in the development of the Mordor expansion? If so, are they still involved after the move to Standing Stone Games?
Q. What topics can we expect to learn about in the new Producer’s Letter?
Q. Any new information on plans for LOTRO’s 10th Anniversary?
Free Sample Of The Week January 6th – 12th
Summon Skirmish Soldier x5 Use Coupon Code SUMSKIRM 1/Account
25 % OFF
- Virtue Bundles
- Trait Slots
- Skill & Slayer Deed Boosts
LOTRO Players News
New Player Question
Each host: What is your favorite tip about any of the Winterfest quests?
Week In LOTRO
- Helped the nail guy in Gondor
- Continued to help keep a ranger camp ‘secret’
- Made a news report on the new scholar’s hall in Bree
- Spent time in the Misty Mtns dodging roving threats in order to grab ore, F2P stream.
- Watched the final quest for Helegrod and the elves celebrating the death (again) of the dragon zombie.
- Ran F2P Champ about in LL, found a new route through the spider canyon in Minas Eriol.
- Treasure Hunt/Yulefest Craziness
- Exploring the Lore Hall as Antiquities
- Hobnanigans with Maven Co-commentating
- Stage managed the first class of the new lore course
- Figured out the flower thing in North Ithilien and got Glordriel all new NI armor
- Went with Grrrlz to help a dwarf guardian finish out his outfit, which meant doing Vile Maw and Grand Stair
- Received a “gift” from Lalia’s Market.
- Finished out the year by getting Crickhollow! Teriadwyn to level 100.
- Arkenstone! Teriadwyn went from level 83 to 84 during the field trip.
- Streamed the toast in honor of Tolkien’s 125th Birthday
- Working on Extra Life donations
- Working through the Epic Story
- During the Arkenstone Academy field trip, we ran Grand Stair. This is the first time that I got one of the drums from the Beast.
- My Crickhollow Lore-master ran a few skirmishes and reached level 104.
- My champion reached level 29. The real surprise was that my gold hobbit present was a set of Agility tomes. These were promptly sent to my warden.
Top Supporter: Onishi, Officer of the Sons of Numenor on Landroval
We currently have 22 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews.
“Greetings my fellow Lotroians.
I will get right to the point and let you get back to your business.
Solo player that just entered level 40 and looking to group with others. I never had to setup combat options to play in a group. What Combat Options should I be looking for? Would the options be different between a 2-3 man group and or a 4-6 man group?
Looking at the tool tips some are straightforward but others are “Huh”??
Thank you for your time and the effort you give to this great game.
Himagain of Arkenstone”
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
Follow our guest!
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. (ish) Eastern – XP Quest
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Last Friday of every Month at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Academy: After School
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!