This week we talk about events in the coming new year.
Free Sample Of The Week December 30th – January 5th
+100% Mark Acquisition (90 min) x1 Use Coupon Code marques 1/Account
- Stat Tomes
- Regeneration Food
- Run Speed Boosts
- +5% Attack Damage
Double Points Now-Jan 2nd
LOTRO Players News
Week In LOTRO
- Set up a new camera
- Doubled my laptop’s ram (for editing)
- Helped the rangers keep their camp ‘safe’
- Started a Volume 4 series
- Yulefest and Treasure Hunt
- Bounder Bababile Stream
- Continued through Central Gondor
- One week from Hobnanigans
- Yulefest, Yulefest, Yulefest for myself, and Mrs Karv
- Ran Beorning through Epic Vol 1: LL and ND then went to Trollshaws, unlocked books
- I love when new folks wander into the twitch stream and ask questions about the game, F2P and whatever class I’m playing. Happens every week.
- Read a LOT of LOTR related content in Adventures in Middle-earth
- On the stream with Arathaert, we had a group of 25ish levels run all three GB instances, then went on to save the Bells of Dale. Good times.
- Ran through all the Roving Threats in western Gondor with a 7-person fellowship (aka an incomplete raid), and we were so full of ourselves we went after the raid-level Mumakil RT in Osgiliath. Smoosh.
- Running up to 10 alts a day through Yule Fest plus North Ithilien dailies. Except for when it gets too tedious.
- Glordriel managed to score 2 pieces of the new North Ithilien gear. Will be making and slotting essences after Yule Fest.
- On the field trip, we ran some small fellowship skirmishes.
- Completed my Beorning series by finishing the latest part of the epic.
- While running the new content on my warden, I wondered why an apprentice healer has twice the morale of a seasoned warden.
- Ran some skirmishes with Andang to reach level 95.
We currently have 25 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews.
Good morning (all possible meanings intended, of course!)
Let’s say you’re gearing a new account up from Free-2-Play but the person doesn’t want to make the monthly commitment of a subscription. What would be the first 10 “essential” purchases this new account should shoot for? I’ve considered Riding, lifting the Currency Cap, the Expansion packs (which I count as 1 thing,) and I’m looking at the Evendim, Eregion, and Forochel (or Angmar) quest packs. Am I missing anything? I’m a little ‘purchase-blind’ as a Lifer and I tend to take my level of access for granted.
Really feeling my Lifer Privilege here, but still at your service and your family’s,
Onishi of Landroval
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. (ish) Eastern – XP Quest
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Last Friday of every Month at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Academy: After School
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!