Today the Executive Producer, Aaron ‘Rowan’ Campbell took part in a stream with Sapience to talk about the recently released Update 14, his Producer’s Letter and planned and potential upcoming additions to the game. Below is a list of some of the juicier details, but be sure to check out the link for the full video.
- The cancellation of the level cap increase for U15 allowed them to do the planned LI revamp and other changes
- The Epic Story AND Epic Battle for U15 will be free to all players
- The Epic Battle will be contained within the Epic Story(as with HD and Skirmishes with Mirkwood)
- The Epic Battle will consist of retaking Pelargir with Aragorn and the Army of the Dead in an Offensive Epic Battle
- Update 15 will contain another landscape group area
- U15 will have us combating the Haradrim and their half-troll allies
- The Dead Marshes update between U14 and 15 will be a series of an explorable area and around 4 session play quests, and will give us our first glimpse of the Dawnless Day
- The Beorning will require a purchase for everyone
- The Beorning’s ‘starter experience’ will be a new intro only, not a new zone
- Between U14-15: Dead Marshes update
- Late 2014: U15 – Central Gondor, Pelargir Epic Battle, Beorning
- Early 2015: Osgiliath
- Late 2015: Siege of Gondor; Minas Tirith, up until Gandalf’s confrontation at the shattered Gates
- 2016: Battle of Pelennor Fields.