During last years Treasure Hunting event, I dug over 50 Huge Dig Sites with my main character and another dozen or so on an alt. People said “Sig! You cheater!”, to which I said “Eat my pickaxe n00b!”
But today I will share with you the key to being the big dog on the field: Cave claws. You have between the time of this writing through the 30th of June to do it yourself.
- If you don’t already have a stock pile of barter tokens, play the Treasure field and dig sites until you have 100 tokens or so.
- Go to the barter vendor and trade your tokens for Trained Cave-claw Cages.
- Use the Trained Cave Claws to seek your treasure.
- This is the most important step. ONLY dig Large and Huge dig sites.
- Use the tokens you get to buy more Cave Claws and continue the process.
This method will take time. Through out this process, don’t forget to take the repeatable quests to keep your stock of picks up. Use the Dowsing Gems when you have them if you need or want to. There might be some rounds that you don’t dig a single site.
Last year, using this method I found that I usually always had at least 4 picks available and at some points had over 30 in my bag. Again, it takes time – I most likely spent nearly 40 hours on the event last time. Over 50 huge digs later, I decided Turbine’s Random Number Generator hates me – no Treasure Pony. That said – I can show you to the Huge Sites but the only thing I can guarantee you’ll find in them is tokens.
Happy Treasure Hunting!