This week we discuss That Warg, and have some fun discussing humorous April Fool’s articles.
Free Sample Of The Week March 31st – April 2nd
- Dye: Ranger Green x2 Use Coupon Code SPRINGGREEN 1/Account
- Select Shared Storage
- Select Vault Upgrades
- Inventory Slots
- Currency Cap
LOTRO Players News is brought to us by
LOTRO Players News
New Player Question
What is the difference between the different types of mobs (signature, elite, etc.), and what is the “pecking order?”
Week In LOTRO
- Caught the end of the Grrlz of Middle Earth stream, and afterwards Teriadwyn created a new outfit for Landroval Aerindys and taught me how to use the wardrobe (Sans provided moral support).
- Leveled Landroval Aerindys to 45.
- Went on the Academy Fieldtrip and leveled up Arkenstone Aerindys to level 15.
- I defeated the final boss in The Ruined City instance all by myself!!!
- Discovered the Dead Marshes in Gondor and a really cool session play.
- Ran Protectors of Thangulhad skirmish with the field trip and had a lot of fun trying to get mobs into circles for Pineleaf.
- Led the Grrlz through the first three wings of Fornost, ran out of time to finish Shadow.
- Arkenstone LM crafted her way to level 20.
- Did a couple of runs through the Library at Tham Mirdain for reasons.
- Got my North Ithilien flower steed…it should be shedding petals!
- Unlocked and ran the new solo resource instances
- Did my very first pick up rep farming raid and it was CRAZY!
- My champion finished his time in Forochel and headed for Moria.
- My main warden poked some rangers and was chewed by the Towers of the Teeth.
- My Beorning found the side entrance to the Pelennor to bypass Osgiliath.
News Beyond LOTRO
We currently have 22 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews.
Lifthil left a comment on Episode 195:
Hey, so, um, Teriadwyn wasn’t entirely right about what finesse does. Finesse allows your physical attacks to bypass enemies’ avoidance (block/parry/evade) and your tactical attacks to bypass their resistance. It’s nothing to do with mitigations. Some skills/traits allow you to bypass mits, but those are class-specific. The only mit bypass I know of that isn’t is the skirmish personal trait, and even then, it’s only in a skirmish.
Michael Montgomery writes:
Good morning, thanks for all your efforts on the podcast. I listen during my two hours commuting every day.
Do most players level alts solo, and just group in level-cap instances? Or just buy the Gift of Valar? Or have a regular group, or power level, or skirmish repeatedly?
I’ve played LotRO since 2008, but am tired of solo leveling. Your descriptions of running around together and leveling various characters together sounds awesome. How to find leveling buddies?
I have being doing lots of Deeds in LOTRO recently, to increase all 20 virtues, to 19 or above on my main, and would like to nominate this deed as the most annoying, The Pale Followers (Advanced).
To complete this you have to kill 300 Pale-Folk in Tham Mírdain, this is an instance in Volume 1 of the Epic, so to complete you have to use a reflecting pool, many, many, many times in Rivendell.
I would love to know if anyone has found a more annoying deed to complete than this.
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
1st and 3rd Fridays 11pm. Eastern – XP Quest
Last Friday of Every Month at 8:30 pm Eastern – LOTRO Academy After School
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live