This week we talk about new information regarding the raid coming with Update 18.2.
Free Sample Of The Week June 3rd – 9th
- Universal Solvent Use Coupon Code UNISOLV 1/Account
- Gift and Blessing of the Valar
- 3rd Age Item Trove
- Legacy Scroll Box
LOTRO Players News
Brax’s memorial pick of the week: Hobbiton Honeymoon
Week In LOTRO
- Reached level cap skirmishing with Pineleaf!
- Purchased and completed half of Eregion on my F2P account. Falling for the Lore-Master again.
- Lots of leveling! Mini from 84 to 87, Warden from 11 to 31 and RK from 28 to 31. Phew!
- Did a level-cap Ost Elendil with Landroval!Teri, only 4 people but we nailed the challenge!
- Made merry mischief with RPers in Bree
- Completed Volume 3 in my Beorning series
News Beyond LOTRO
We currently have 25 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews.
rangerlilyrose left a comment on last week’s LPN (give spoiler warning):
I’m very disappointed in how Halbarad’s sacrifice is being treated by many players.
HALBARAD IS TAUNTING GOTHMOG TO KEEP HIS ATTENTION FROM THE OTHERS.
He taunts Gothmog, makes him lose his composure, and sacrifices himself to allow his allies to strike. Specifically to keep him away from his King, Aragorn.
Seriously, how can it be that a basic game mechanic isn’t recognized when it applies to the story itself? *sigh*
Lights a candle for the noble and misunderstood Halbarad.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my email, particularly for reading it in Kermit’s voice. I really enjoyed the update talk. I haven’t really even gotten anywhere close to that so I am bound to forget anything I have heard that is a spoiler. However, I am continually impressed with the detail and care the devs. put into the game. I think with the quality of the game I think LOTRO will be around for many years and more adventures.
I also had another question for you. A little background information first, I have played from around to launch of Free-to-play but in those three years, (brace yourself and laugh a little because it’s silly). I have never made it any farther in the epic then Book 3 Vol. 1. (partially because of a nasty case of completionism) I am now starting to play a lot more. Do you have any recommendations of quest lines that are worth looking forward to or lines that are must do’s for you in a play through? I am going to do it all (or as much as possible) but I wanted something to motivate myself with more than the simple mystery of the unknown and a really compelling epic quest.
Thanks for the input!
Aradathalion L27 Warden Arkenstone.
- I noticed that you were stumbling over my name. No hard feelings, it’s hard to pronounce but I do have some help for you. I think (according to Elf pronunciation websites) it is pronounced Uh-rad-Uh-tha-lion. Hope that helps. Thanks again!”
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Last Friday of every month at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Academy: After School
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Every other Saturday after LPN – Tales of the Free Folk
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!