This week we didn’t have much news so we talked about Ents instead.
Free sample of the week March 11th – March 17th
Rejuvenation Potion x5
Use Coupon Code 3JGaFbBgPYsJA 1/Account
Legendary Level Cap Increase
Legendary Item Stat Upgrade
Welcome Back Weekend!
+25% XP Boost
March 11th – 13th
LOTRO Players News is brought to us by an exciting race!
LOTRO Players News
New Player Question
A little more detail on populating our trait lines, please.
Week In LOTRO
- Worked on Episode 3 of Middle-earth Lore (Maven says YAY!!!)
- Streamed Bingo Leveling
- Enjoyed this week’s Bingo Boffin quest
- Topped out the levels on both imbued weapons thanks to the MT endgame instances
- Left lots of messes around Osgiliath with another yellow line hunter (Yellow line rules!!)
- Poor Tarondil got his ego shredded in Mirkwood by a little red-haired minstrel girl.
- Finished Lone Lands deeding while serial watching TV episodes. My new favorite way to deed.
- Played tourist in Bree: met the mayor, went shopping at Lalia’s signed up for a Barrow Downs Archeological Excursion with the Beardkissers.
- 4 hour Inopae F2P Angmar stream this morning with guests and 2 levels gained. Kinda getting tired of Angmar’s music.
- Challenge mini leveled up 10 levels this week! She’s at level 82, way overleveled in Rohan and re-learning mounted combat all over again.
- Successfully led the Academy field trip through Haudh Valandil! Goldilocks and Three Bears (with a couple of hobbit extras)
- Dusted off the hobbit guardian Fauxriadoc and ran around with Maven’s Fauxregrin to get their initial LIs and open up Moria.
- During a T3 raid run of Assault on the Ringwraiths’ Lair, we faced double Priests.
- Attempted a solo run of the raid version of Breaching the Necromancer’s Gate
- Ran three different versions of this week’s Bingo Boffin quest
News Beyond LOTRO
Moot of the Week
Topic: What are the pros and cons of Ents?
We currently have 26 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews on iTunes.
“Why in Eastern Gondor, do beasts not drop the hides they are named after?
Just killed an Anórien Buck and it dropped an Eorlingas Hide, why not an Anórien Hide?
This is hugely frustrating as a Tier 10 Tailor, and if you have Anórien Hides and don’t need them may be a good time to AH them for Gold as they are much harder to get than any other Tier 10 crafting items.
But any ideas on how to farm them?
“Greetings and well met my fellow Lotroians.
I am here today seeking knowledge from the masses of Lotro players like yourselves and those you reach out to every week.
I am going to leave out the class I was playing for I am embarrassed enough and don’t want to be judged further.
I am more of a solo player than group player over all. So, if I survive a fight I figure I must be doing something right. Right?
When out adventuring there are times that I can hold my own fighting against 3 or more mobs at or slightly above my level.
This is what happened that brings me here to my favorite Lotro podcast seeking help.
I was out questing and deeding trying to pick up a few extra TP Points (which we all know one can always use) when I was asked to join a PUG.
Before accepting I explained I was new to this class and wasn’t sure how I would do in a group.
I was still accepted and off we went to the instance. Once there we held our own at first but then we wiped. I have died before and I will die again many times and I accept and expect this but these guys flipped out and tossed me from the group saying learn my class.
After going through mixed emotions of being pissed off and embarrassed I wanted to do just that and learn a bit more about my class so off to the forums I went looking for redemption. Of course all I could find was guides for level 100. No help there, so many abilities that I don’t even have yet. Or I would find a guide that was so outdated.
If I am doing abilities wrong at levels 20-40 and not knowing they are wrong, it’s going to be even worse at higher levels. Is there help out there anywhere for newer class players like me?
Thanks for letting me vent a little and for any help you and your listeners can provide.
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Every other Thursday at 9 p.m. Eastern – XP Quest
Last Friday of every month at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Academy: After School
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Every other Saturday after LPN – Tales of the Free Folk
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!