This week we talk about the news and Mirkwood.
Free Sample Of The Week July 3rd – 9th
Skill and Slayer Deed Boost x1 Use Coupon Code SSDB1 1/Account
- Legendary Level Cap Increase
- Legendary Item Stat Upgrade
- Relics and Relic Packs
LOTRO Players News
New Player Question
With the Helm’s Deep expansion on special, would you remind us where 1) the f2p players AND 2) the VIP players have to start spending?
Week In LOTRO
- L.UN.C.H. run – Dwarrowdelf tied for 6th place!
- Hit rank 7 on my Guardian after the podcast last weekend
- Serious armour drama :/
- Got lost in the Entwash, helped wake up ents, pulled a Jacksonian Denethor in Rohan, Level 84 in the Sutcrofts
- Popped in to Bree for some shoppin’, discovered winter had brought in brigands so we saved the day!.
- Discovered why some folks were frustrated with “We Cannot Get Out”… in Moria.
- Found out ‘The Fellowship Departs’ instance is not repeatable
- but the Frodo walk is
- Power leveled my Captain with several people to 45 to do it
- Filmed a lot of Middle-earth Lore shots
- Unintentionally over leveled my hobbit hunter on Arkentone
- Skirmished, skirmished, and skirmished
- Hit some hitherto unvisited areas of Moria with Spridra and Teri
- Streamed some more this week, had Landroval!Teriadwyn solo her way through some Tier 2 Duo skirms.
- Finished Volume 1 on my Rune-Keeper, and she’s now working through Moria and the Volume 2 epic.
- Lots of skirmishing! Arkenstone!Teriadwyn is up to level 44.
- On Gladden, my Beorning completed V2 Book 7.
- Challenge character reached level 17. Completed the three prologues and am in Book 1.
- Running Gondamon and Amon Sul for my guide.
Skirmish of the Week
Topic: What are the pros and cons of Mirkwood?
We currently have 13 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
Roanna29 left a 5 Star Review on iTunes:
“Not Quite as Fun as playing Lotro itself
One of the things MMOs offer that single player games don’t is … other people. The Lotro community is a diverse and welcoming one largely brought together by a love of Tolkien’s works, but kept there by a game that is fun even when it’s frustrating. The group of podcasters (disclosure here, one of whom I play Lotro with) shows all the best aspects of the community and the game off with a sense of fun and camaraderie that makes me want to fire up my launcher and join the fun. There’s a mix of old and new players, and really, the amount of fun this group has chatting each other up is truly infectious. If you play the game already, or are just curious about whether it’s worth checking in on-this podcast will be for you. Keep it up Andang, Maven, Teriadwyn, Arathaert, Karvett (and his FAMILY) and, of course, Pineleaf. (is there a fan group for him yet? ;))”
GumpsGang left a 5 Star Review on iTunes:
Do slayer deeds get you in a slump? One more half-troll and you’re going to hurl? (What is the other half anyway?) Put on an episode of LOTRO Players News to brighten your day. Every episode is guaranteed to be at least four and a half times more fun than counting ceiling tiles, —- Thank you for all you do! – Kovyt”
timhedden left a comment on this week’s LotRO and Lore:
“Wonderful! Great series! At some point, please cover the Nameless, those dreadful creatures in the Foundation’s of Stone need some explanation. I feel they are close to what you covered in this episode.”
This week we did not receive any emails.
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern – Guild Wars Players News
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!