This week we talk about the new PvMP map, cosmetic weapons and site news.
Free Sample Of The Week June 26th – July 2nd
+5 Hope Boost (90 minutes) Use Coupon Code HPTK1 1/Account
- Class: Beorning
- Rune-keeper Class
- Warden Class
- Character Slots
- Slayer Deed Accelerators
50 % Off
- Gift Of The Valar
Double Bonus Points June 26th-July 6th
LOTRO Players News
Sponsoring our New Player Question this week is a new player on the Bree commercial scene:
From Merryrose Morningsong:
“Were you disappointed that Lalia’s Market doesn’t sell steeds? Are you looking for more than just a fashionable outfit of questionable origin? Do you long for your knight in actual shining armour? Perhaps you’ve had unwelcome relatives move in? Then come on over to Smiths & Weapons Outfitters where we carry a wide selection of armour, weapons and gear! Ever Arda-conscious… used armour is recycled for decor. Equipped with mechanisms to make them shake, rattle & moan, these free standing suits enable you to have your very own Haunted Burrow, for entertainment and to ward of annoying relatives. With two convenient locations in South & West Bree, our qualified, friendly staff are ready to serve your needs. Smiths & Weapons Outfitters – hammering out deals by slashing high prices.”
New Player Question
Is the Beorning a good class? Is it a class that a beginner could use effectively, or does it need a more experienced player?
Week In LOTRO
- Popped into QuartermasterU’s stream on the lotrostream this week to see if I could pester Frelorn about guesting on the show, and learned that MadeofLions is a listener!
- Did some streaming, got my burglar up to level 60 and finally completed the Burglarize deed!
- Played with Pineleaf during the Academy field trip, finished book 5 of the epic story and started book 6, also did the Fem storyline in Aughaire.
- Took my dwarf mini along as Teri introduced Gryfflet to the Ale Association
- Glordriel received a new mission that has reinspired her (As part of that mission, she now has the Banner of the King emote)
- Heliantha 36….”hunter” and “Elf” Nooooo
- Leveled Karvett to 81 questing about the Norcrofts, finished Cliving and am moving south along the Epic past Ethengels.
- Started listening to the SilmFilm podcasts while driving.
- L.UN.C.H. run – had a DNS from Estel, but Riddermark had a respectable 1:34:42 run. Got a thank-you message afterward telling me it livened up the server.
- Beta testing stream – cosmetic armour
- Created a minstrel on Gladden. This is in part to prepare for a future concert but I also decided that this will be my skirmish challenge character (i.e., level with only epic, skirmishes, class, and racial quests).
- My Windfola warden soloed the fellowship version of Siege of Gondamon. The toughest part is when I was fighting an Emissary of War and Enraged Snapper at the same time.
- Completed Skirmisher of Middle-earth with my Windfola Beorning. That means that I now have the title on all of the classes.
Skirmish of the Week
Topic: What are the pros and cons of Mirkwood?
We currently have 13 supporters on Patreon. If you would like to join this illustrious raid of players and help support LOTRO Players, simply go to the donation page where you can support The Players Alliance on Patreon. There you will find rewards including a mention on the podcast of your choice, or even guest for an episode on LOTRO Players News.
This week we did not receive any reviews on iTunes.
“Hi! Love your podcast as always. You keep things fun & exciting. You are my kind of people.
You have changed how I track time. It used to be “crap it’s Monday” and “yeah, it’s Friday!” Now it is “Darn, I missed the Saturday live show, how much longer until Monday am to download the podcast?” And I no longer look forward to Friday; Thursday has replaced it with the next installment of The Family Line.
The fake sponsorship ads were freaking hilarious! Loved ’em all. Karvett & Arathaert have a wonderful time bouncing crazy comments off each other. Keep it up!
Here’s a possible ad. No worries if it gets obliterated by Sauron’s blazing gaze. Or maybe you guys can make it better? Feel free to do so.
Were you disappointed that Lalia’s Market does not actually sell steeds? Are you looking for more than just a questionable outfit? Do you long for your knight in shining armour? Perhaps you have had unwelcome relatives move in? Then come on over to the Weapons & Armour Shop in Bree where we can offer you a selection of new armour. We even have recycled armour that can be used as decoration. These standing suits of armour come with a free mechanism to make it shake, rattle, & moan. You can have your very own Haunted Burrow! We have 2 convenient locations in South & West Bree. Our friendly staff are highly qualified to serve your needs.
Very tongue in cheek,
“Dropping a few lines to say thank you for the entertainment, information and passion you have for LOTRO. I left a comment on one of your articles a few weeks back about how it was because of Lotro players and The Acadamy Podcast that brought me back . To make a long story short I’ll break it down to why I am sending you this email.
A couple of weeks ago I was running my main toon around East Rohan with fellow kinsmen gathering resources while listening to your podcast. I sort of have a bad habit of talking (making comments) while I am playing. Well, this was one of those days were the comments were flowing like water and my wife came into the room to see if I was ok. She sat down on the sofa and pretended to read her book but what she was doing was watching us roam the area, chat with each other and have fun. All the while I also had one of your podcast running in the background (which at times I was making comments on that to. So I was sitting there having a conversation with you even though I know you can’t hear me. My wife seeing how engrossed I was into the game at that time, came over to me, kissed me on the cheek and said…..”I want to PLAY.” My jaw, now on the floor soon shut. I told kinsmen I had to log for now and would see them soon. Wife made up her 1st toon (champion) and I made a LM to run with her. We are now lvl 35 and she is having a blast. There was even a day that we played over 7 hours straight. Even though we don’t play everyday because we both work at different times, we look forward to putting on a podcast while following the epic quests. We are in the trollshaws now and even though the book quest is red to us we are kicking butt and taking names.
I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you guys, if not for you, my wife and I would not be having as much fun as we are right now.
We have been married 29 years and we sort of do our own thing at times, this has turned into something we do together.
Thank You again.
Follow us on Twitter!
The Players Alliance @PlayersAlly
LOTRO Players @LOTROPlayers
The Players Alliance LIVE Shows
Mondays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – DDO Players News
Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern – Guild Wars Players News
Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. Eastern – LOTRO Players News
Join us for our live shows at lotroplayers.com/live
Thanks for listening!